Privacy Program Management
The CIPM says that you understand how to use process and technology to manage privacy in an organization—regardless of the industry or jurisdiction.The CIPM is for you if you’re responsible for:
- Risk management
- Privacy operations
- Privacy analytics
This training is a robust, interactive opportunity to learn about critical privacy concepts that are also integral to the CIPM exam. While not purely a “test prep” course, this training is appropriate for professionals who plan to certify, as well for those who want to deepen their privacy knowledge. Both the training and the exam are based on the same body of knowledge.
- Module 1 - Introduction to privacy program management Identifies privacy program management responsibilities, and describes the role of accountability in privacy program management.
- Module 2 - Privacy governance Examines considerations for developing and implementing a privacy program, including the position of the privacy function within the organization, role of the DPO, program scope and charter, privacy strategy, support and ongoing involvement of key functions and privacy frameworks.
- Module 3 - Applicable laws and regulations Discusses the regulatory environment, common elements across jurisdictions and strategies for aligning compliance with organizational strategy.
- Module 4 - Data assessments Relates practical processes for creating and using data inventories/maps, gap analyses, privacy assessments, privacy impact assessments/data protection impact assessments and vendor assessments.
- Module 5 - Policies Describes common types of privacy-related policies, outlines components and offers strategies for implementation.
- Module 6 - Data subject rights Discusses operational considerations for communicating and ensuring data subject rights, including privacy notice, choice and consent, access and rectification, data portability, and erasure.
- Module 7 - Training and awareness Outlines strategies for developing and implementing privacy training and awareness programs.
- Module 8 - Protecting personal information Examines a holistic approach to protecting personal information through privacy by design.
- Module 9 - Data breach incident plans Provides guidance on planning for and responding to a data security incident or breach.
- Module 10 - Measuring, monitoring and auditing program performance Relates common practices for monitoring, measuring, analyzing and auditing privacy program performance.